Sunday, June 16, 2013

Make a Wish!

I'm so inspired looking at Seize the Birthday blog by Lesley Croghan recently, and wanted to play along with her sketch challenges. She is full of energy and has an amazing talent. Wonder how she participates in other challenges and at the same time hosts this great birthday challenge blog. I'm "totally in love" with her work! Well, yesterday I managed to get some free time and made myself to get creative... so came up with this birthday card for this week's sketch by Jen Nelson.


I decided to use mixed patterned papers for this sketch and I layered them on black cardstock. I've never tried layering patterned papers on black cardstock because I usually prefer using ivory, kraft, or white base. But, I took it as a challenge to push myself out of my comfort zone and tried something new and different. So, I picked red on top of black and I really liked the way these three different patterned papers worked so well together.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: