Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hello Little One!

Here's a lovely card to welcome a beautiful baby girl to the world! I truly enjoyed making this card for my dear friend. She has requested a warm welcome card for her newborn niece...Well, I have tried some new things here...
Front View - Personalized with baby's name
I picked ivory color for the card base, and layered Swiss dot card with another layer of adorable pink patterned card and formed the base design. The metallic pink scallop circle holds the message "Hello Little One" with coordinating handmade prima flowers. The bottom of the front design has the baby's name personalized using hand-stamped alphabet stamps.
Inside View - Handmade baby stroller
A handmade baby stroller has been used to decorate the inside of the card. Since I used the same set of cards to make the baby stroller...I decided to place it inside. The fun part was putting them together...and the challenging part was assembling the bits and pieces!
Hello little one...a closer look~
I love making my own embellishments...especially  flowers of all kinds, tiny objects such as the baby stroller on this card, the little car which I made for the father's day card and other quilling decorations. It was my very first try at making prima flowers using a simple embossing technique. I was pretty happy to see at the outcome as it feels so real to touch....and I can't wait to try out more of these using different colors and sizes of petals. Look for more on my upcoming posts. 

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. The handmade baby stroller was so cute.The cards for my nieces are as special as they are to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear! I really enjoyed making this card for baby Sahana :)

    ReplyDelete