Friday, October 11, 2013

Double Side Step Beach Card

Hi there!! Long time no blogging in here! I was on a short vacation and it feels great to be back. I have missed some of my favorite craft challenges for the past few months. Well, it's time to reactivate my creative mojo!

Here is my recent creation for a lovely couple on their wedding anniversary. I made this beach themed anniversary card for my customer. It's a double side step card with a small fold card on it.
  

I hand drew the palm tree leaves, trunk, coconuts and the ladies hat on a kraft cardstock, colored and fuzzy cut them. I then traced the island and inked the edge with chalk brown ink. The hammock is hand drawn on a striped patterned paper DCWV -The Basic Stack paper pad . I punched out the sun using my circle punch and colored to give a little sun shade. The sentiment from Penny Black - Loads of Love was stamped on bottom right of the step card with a little heart shape in front. Added some glossy accent to the cute little heart, sun, coconut and hat.

To fill the gap between the two palm trees I decided to make a small fold card with a background. On front of the card, I used a paper from Recollections paper pad- All Seasons which has clouds and I believe it was the perfect choice for the background. On the inside card I stamped the sentiment using Hero Arts - Fanciful Swirl Alphabet clear stamps. Added faux stitching to create a border around the sentiment.

That's how I made this step card and I'm so glad my customer loved it so much since he had to wait so long to get this card. I have to thank him for having me do this card for his wedding anniversary.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment